Pharmaceutical companies worldwide are successfully using the Quadro® Comil® for wet granulation mixes before drying, sizing after drying, granulating in the pre-compression stage, homogeneous mixing, conditioning, and dispersion of pigments in the manufacture of tablets.
Wet Granulation Sizing
- The Comil® is designed to take wet lumpy granulations and uniformly size them at very high capacities.
- Sizing or de-lumping wet granulations ensures equally sized granules are introduced into driers, thus eliminating case hardening and helping granules to dry uniformly and more rapidly.
- Uniform particle size distributions prevent fines and potentially un-even die filling or sticking at the punches during tableting.
- Direct compression blends are pre-compressed, granulated, then pressed into tablets. Ribbons from the roller compactor or slugs from pre-compression can be size reduced with a Comil® to granules with optimum particle size distribution.
Dried Granulation Sizing
- The Comil® sizes dry granulation material to the optimum particle size distribution for efficient tableting.
- “Off spec” tablets are size reduced for reclaim purposes. “Off spec” capsules are broken into large pieces allowing for easy separation of powder from the gelatin pieces.
- Ideal for a broad range of de-lumping, mixing, finishing and milling.
- Lump-free homogeneous dry ingredient blending.
- Low heat build-up and precise screen size ensure complete dispersion, at desired particle size.
The benefits of the Comil®
- Low dust
- Low noise
- Low heat
- Fewer fines
- Short changeover times
- High capacities
- Easy, fast cleaning
(Ref: AP16 Comil Pharmaceutical Applications)
Learn more about Quadro's Technology, Particle Processing, Particle Size Reduction, Mills and Milling Technology via our knowledge hub page.